WhatsApp is one of the standard communication instruments on the planet. However for those who get a brand new cellphone and switch your WhatsApp account to it, your previous messages do not mechanically include you. Fortunately we’re right here to assist. This tutorial explains how to switch WhatsApp conversations to a brand new machine, so you’ll be able to choose up your chats the place you left off.
Google Drive backup and restore
Newer variations of WhatsApp embody automated Google Drive backups, which makes the method of transferring your WhatsApp chat historical past between telephones even simpler than earlier than.
- You merely faucet the trio of dots on the prime left of the display screen and go to Settings > Chats and calls > Chat backup.
- From right here, you’ll be able to again up manually, or set it to mechanically again up as usually as you want. When WhatsApp is reinstalled, it is going to immediate you to recuperate your chats and multimedia from Google Drive.
Manually backing up chats and restoring them
For those who’ve but to obtain the Google Drive WhatsApp replace, it is nonetheless fairly simple to create a backup and transfer it to your new cellphone. Merely proceed as follows:
- Open the Settings menu of WhatsApp, faucet on Chats and calls after which faucet Chat backup.
- In case your previous Android cellphone and new one each primarily use an exterior SD card for reminiscence, merely take the SD card out of your previous cellphone, and put it into your new one
- For telephones that save to inner reminiscence, comparable to most newer units, join your smartphone to your PC by way of USB cable, and navigate to the inner reminiscence of the machine to the folder WhatsApp / Database. That is the place all of the backup information are saved with a date. They’ll look one thing like “msgstore-2013-05-29.db.crypt”. Copy the file with the most recent creation date (it is going to have a special identify from the automated backups created, mine is “msgstore.db.crypt8”) onto your PC in a simple to seek out location (comparable to your desktop).
Set up WhatsApp in your new machine however don’t begin the app!
Join your new machine to the PC by way of USB. Since you’ve already downloaded WhatsApp onto your new handset, the folder WhatsApp / Databases ought to now exist. If not, you’ll be able to manually create a brand new Databases folder within the WhatsApp folder.
- Copy your WhatsApp dialog backup file into this folder.
- Now begin WhatsApp in your new cellphone and confirm your cellphone quantity. It is best to now get a notification message backup was discovered. Simply faucet Restore, and also you’re carried out. After a number of seconds, all your messages ought to have appeared in your new machine.
Transferring WhatsApp chats from iPhone to Android
Please word that with out utilizing a questionable third celebration device, it isn’t at the moment potential to switch chats from iOS to Android or vice versa. iPhone customers can, nonetheless, use iCloud to get their previous messages on their new iPhone in a lot the identical method as Android customers could make use of the Google Drive backup function.
Are there another strategies you have tried? Did your switch to a brand new cellphone go easily? Tell us within the feedback.