Manufacturers all the time customise their interfaces and in EMUI it’s straightforward to see the Chinese language producer’s contact. The consumer interface gives an expertise that’s fairly distinct from inventory Android. On this article, we’ll present you some options which might be value understanding to get probably the most out of your smartphone, whether or not it’s a Huawei P10, a Mate 10 Professional or an Honor View 10, to call a couple of within the ever-growing Huawei/Honor household.
The Samsung Galaxy S9 is the new new machine
Do you agree?
Essential: There could also be slight variations between an Honor machine and Huawei machine.
I discover it necessary to customise the looks and settings of my smartphone in line with my wants.
What do you suppose?
One of many benefits of EMUI is undoubtedly its degree of customization. Arrange your personal picture as a background, acquire the apps within the devoted drawer, navigate utilizing the bodily or digital keys, rearrange the apps on the screens, it takes only a few steps to make the interface suit your tastes and your wants.
- Change the background: Settings>Show>Wallpaper>Set wallpaper>Gallery/Different.
- Activate the app drawer: Settings>Show>Residence display type>Drawer.
- Select easy methods to navigate the system: Settings>Good assistant>System navigation; right here you may inform your machine easy methods to activate the only Navigation Key to entry the house display, the again display and up to date actions, whether or not to activate the Digital Navigation Bar (by customizing the important thing mixture) or go for the Fast Menu.
- Modify Fast settings: decrease the drop down menu and click on on the pencil icon.
- Change layouts and rearrange apps: Press and maintain on the house display and click on on Settings. On this part you may reorganize your apps, even by shaking your smartphone to realign them.
- Show the share of battery left: Settings>Apps and notifications>Notifications and standing bar>Battery share: Don’t present/Subsequent to battery icon/Inside battery icon.
- Add contact information on the lock display: Settings>Safety and privateness>Display screen lock & passwords>Lock display signature.
- Deactivate the step rely on the lock display: Settings>Safety and privateness>Display screen lock & passwords>Present step rely on lock display.
We regularly underestimate the significance of the show and the settings related to it. I’m not solely speaking concerning the degree of brightness but additionally concerning the possibility of modifying the colour rendering of the displayed contents, in addition to customizing the font dimension.
- Font dimension: Settings>Show>Textual content dimension.
- Change the dimensions of interface components: Settings>Show>View mode.
- Show decision: Settings>Show>Display screen Decision.
- Show brightness: Settings>Show>Brightness.
- Shade temperature: Settings>Show>Shade temperature>Default/Heat/Chilly.
- Shade mode: Settings>Show>Shade mode>Regular/Vivid.
- Filter the blue mild on the display: Settings>Show>Eye consolation.
- Flip off the display: Settings>Show>Sleep>30 seconds is an effective option to restrict consumption.
- View an app in full display mode: Settings>Show>Full-screen show.
- Display screen rotation: Settings>Show>Auto-rotate display/Good rotate.
- Improve the sensitivity of the touchscreen throughout winter: Settings>Good help>Gloves mode.
- Show photographs on the lock display whereas charging: Settings/Show/Display screen saver.
Not all of the choices supplied by a tool are helpful. On EMUI there are some capabilities that I like to recommend you activate as a result of they may assist you to optimize the interplay together with your smartphone by making you navigate with fewer gestures or steps.
- Discover information very quickly: swipe down from the house display and you will notice the search bar seem.
- Activate voice instructions: Settings>Good Help>Voice management to reply or reject calls together with your voice.
- Name a contact from the off display: Press and maintain the amount key and say the identify of the contact after the beep.
- Get up Google Assistant: maintain down the house button and use the voice command (keep in mind to activate it first from the Google app).
- Open apps by drawing the preliminary on the show: Settings>Good help>Movement Management>Draw.
- Divide the display in two together with your knuckle: Settings>Good help>Movement management>Cut up-screen gesture.
- Activate the short launcher: From the unlock display, swipe up and right down to entry the recorder, flashlight, calculator, timer and digital camera.
- Use two WhatsApp/Fb accounts: Settings>Apps and Notifications>App twin.
- Activate the unlock with face recognition: Settings>Safety and privateness>Face unlock.
- Activate one-handed operation:Settings>Good Help>One-handed UI>Mini display view.
- Take a screenshot: as a substitute of the basic mixture of Low Quantity + Energy button, knock a couple of occasions on the display together with your knuckle.
Locking your machine with a PIN, password, sequence, fingerprint reader or face recognition will provide help to shield your knowledge. And if you wish to hold secrets and techniques from curious eyes, you may be pleased to seek out 4 options which might be designed for you!
- Set a number of fingerprints: Settings>Safety and privateness>Fingerprint ID.
- Create a personal area in your smartphone by activating personal area: Settings>Safety and Privateness>PrivateSpace.
- Encrypt photographs, audio, video, and different information: Settings>Safety and privateness>File protected>Allow.
- Block entry to some apps: Settings>Safety and Privateness>App Lock.
Turn into a grasp with the digital camera
This is without doubt one of the parts customers use most and it is stuffed with surprises, particularly now that artificial intelligence is taking over smartphones. Introduced on the Mate 10 Pro and View 10 with the Kirin 970 NPU, AI helps to optimize the photographic experience when you choose the best settings and modes, depending on your needs.
- Activate Pro mode: Open the camera app. Make a swipe from left to right and click on Pro photo or Pro video.
- Take a picture from the off screen: Double-click on the Lower Volume.
- Browse through photos in the gallery quickly: open a photo in the Gallery, pinch to zoom out and scroll through other shots.
- Select multiple photos at once: open folder, press and hold on the photo you want to select for a few seconds and swipe your finger to select the others.
- Create a bokeh effect: Open the camera and click on the icon simulating the lens aperture; now click on the object you want to focus on and shoot.
- Adjust the beauty effect: click on the portrait icon and slide your finger on the beauty level indicator.
- Fun with AR: activate AR lenses from the camera menu, click on AR at the bottom and select the effects you want to see in real time on the object you are shooting.
- Artist mode: to transform your photos into comics or make them works of art (in Prism style).
- Apply Instagram-style filters before shooting: activate the Filter item between camera modes and then click the three circles to display the nine filters in real time.
- Take a picture with a smile: access the camera settings with a side swipe and activate Capture smiles.
- Scan a document: open the camera and click Document Scan; frame the document and proceed with scanning as instructed.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t perform miracles. You won’t be able to make the battery of your smartphone last longer than two days. You can, however, monitor and manage battery consumption with dedicated settings, and if it’s supported, you can take advantage of quick charging to get all the energy you need back in a short time.
- Enable power save mode: To limit apps in the background, disable automatic synchronization of email and system sound.
- Choose ultra energy saving mode: for emergency situations, this mode allows the use of very few apps, greatly limiting the user experience.
- Understand what weighs on power consumption: Settings>Battery>Battery Usage.
- Optimize consumption: Settings>Battery>Optimize, then click on the tips you want to put into practice.
If you want to have to complete control of the system, here are some additional tricks:
- Activate the developer options: Settings>About phone>Build number, click on this until you see the notification of successful activation.
- Reset your smartphone: Settings>Reset>Factory data reset.
- Update your system: Settings>System Update>Updater or take advantage of this trick.
- Manage two SIM cards at the same time: Settings>Wireless and networks>Dual SIM settings.
- Schedule your smartphone to turn on to sound the alarm: Settings>Smart assistance>Schedule power on/off; set the time that it will turn on and then the time for the alarm.
- Transfer data from your old smartphone: Download Phone Clone on the two devices (Huawei, Honor or Apple) and select the data you want to transfer.
- Better audio experience: Settings>Sound>Huawei Histen audio effects (connect the earphones to the device or the item will not appear in the menu).
Do you have got a Huawei or Honor smartphone? What different trick would you add to the listing? You possibly can share them with us right here!
These tips can be found with Android eight.zero and EMUI eight.zero, however some might also work with earlier variations.
Select “Honor View 10” or “Huawei Mate 10 Professional”.
Oops! Looks like one thing went fallacious. Reloading would possibly assist.
Honor View 10
Oops! Looks like one thing went fallacious. Reloading would possibly assist.
Huawei Mate 10 Professional