Energy customers are suggested to all the time do a backup earlier than a root or earlier than flashing your ROM. The reason being easy: some manipulations require manufacturing unit reset and subsequently erase your knowledge, so it’s higher to have put them elsewhere to have the ability to restore them.
Skip to answer:
MobiKin Assistant for Android
It is best to all the time again up your knowledge as you by no means know whenever you would possibly unintentionally delete one thing worthwhile. Dropping valuable knowledge can occur not simply whenever you lose your cellphone. It may additionally occur whenever you carry out updates or clear out your recordsdata to save lots of house. Regardless of the purpose, it’s best to hold your knowledge backed up.
Now with MobiKin Assistant for Android, backing up your data has never been easier. You can ensure you never lose your contacts, text messages, apps, photos, music, videos and more. It safely exports them to your computer in their original format and retains the quality of your data.
Getting started on keeping your data safe with MobiKin is fast and simple and once you’ve downloaded the software you can back up your data with just one click. Let MobiKin do the work and enjoy the peace-of-mind of having your data secured.
If you are a PC owner just follow this link to get started.
If you own a Mac, follow this link.
Follow the few steps after downloading and your data will be safely backed up and your phone will have more free memory.
As you probably know, Google is more than willing to help keep all your apps and data safe. If you go into your phone’s settings, you’ll find a section called Backup & Reset. In here you’ll find an option for backing up your data, including Wi-Fi passwords, preferences and app data. All of this will be tied to your Google account, which you can set to automatically restore when you re-install an app.
There are plenty of useful backup solutions in the Play Store. Some for specific purposes like backing up your text messages and others for an all-in-one backup. Easy Backup & Restore is a free app that lets you back up your contacts, call logs, text messages, calendars and bookmarks.
Easy Backup doesn’t back up your photos, music, videos or documents. These are very easy to back up yourself though using a USB cable and your computer: just locate the appropriate folders on your phone in a Windows Explorer window and copy and paste the contents to your computer.
Tips on how to again up all the pieces on Android with Simple Backup & Restore
1. Obtain Simple Backup in your Android system.
2. While you launch the app, you will be requested if you wish to create a backup. Faucet Sure.
three. You will then see a bunch of verify bins subsequent to the issues you possibly can again up: SMS, MMS, name logs, calendar, bookmarks, dictionary and contacts. Make your alternatives and faucet OK.
four. You will be requested for a save location on your backup. Make your choice and faucet it.
5. If you choose a cloud service you will must sign up. If you choose SD card you will must affirm the listing.
Alternatively, you possibly can select another choice like Gmail. To do that, you simply want select Gmail from the choices and ship your info there. Bear in mind although that you could be have to ship your knowledge in segments because of restrictions on quantity.
6. You will then be requested to give the backup a file identify. The date and time is the default. You probably have a number of units you would possibly wish to modify the file identify to incorporate the system you are backing up.
7. You will then see a progress web page when your knowledge is being backed up. As soon as accomplished, you will get a pop up window with a abstract of what was backed up.
eight. In case your cellphone is rooted, you can even again up your apps and app knowledge. If not, you possibly can nonetheless faucet on the Apps Instruments tab in the principle menu and create a backup of the APKs in your cellphone. APKs are like an .exe on a pc: it is this system or app package deal. In case your Google settings are enabled to again up your app knowledge and settings (outlined above) you need to use this selection to again up the apps themselves and Google’s backup to save lots of the settings and knowledge within the apps.
9. Simply verify the bins subsequent to the apps you wish to save and hit Backup on the backside.
10. While you wish to restore your apps or knowledge, simply hit the Restore tab. You will be prompted to set Simple backup because the default SMS app. You possibly can change this again as soon as your backup has been restored.
11. Choose the backup you wish to restore and faucet it. You will see a pop up with particulars of what is going to be restored. Faucet OK and also you’re executed.
12. Restoring your apps is barely completely different. Return to Apps Instruments in the principle menu and faucet the Archived tab.
13. You possibly can verify off the APKs you wish to restore, then faucet Set up on the backside.
14. You will then see the permissions display for every app, such as you would with any new app you put in.
In case your cellphone is rooted then there is no such thing as a higher backup answer than Titanium Backup. Titanium Backup enables you to again up completely all the pieces in your cellphone. The whole backup may be restored at any time and you may arrange scheduled backups so you’ve got an everyday snapshot of your Android cellphone’s contents.
Backups may be carried out with out even closing the apps you are at the moment utilizing and they are often saved as flashable zips. Titanium additionally enables you to switch recordsdata between the SD card and your cellphone with the utmost ease.
Tips on how to again up all the pieces on Android with Titanium Backup
1. Obtain the Titanium Backup app in your rooted Android.
2. Begin the app and grant it root privileges. You will be requested to learn some disclaimers and so forth (it is a good concept).
three. You must have USB Debugging enabled in your cellphone.
four. In Titanium you will see three tabs. One is an Overview tab with info in your system, the second is Backup/Restore the place all of the enjoyable stuff takes place and the third is for scheduling common backups.
5. Go to the Backup and Restore tab. You will see a listing of your cellphone’s contents together with icons that point out whether or not or not they’ve been backed up. Triangular warning indicators imply you don’t have any backup and smiley faces are fairly self explanatory.
6. If you wish to again up your system knowledge or apps, faucet the little doc with a verify mark on it on the high. It will take you to the batch actions listing.
7. You possibly can then faucet Run subsequent to no matter motion you need accomplished. If you wish to again up your apps, faucet Run subsequent to Backup all Person Apps and if you wish to again up your system knowledge faucet Run subsequent to Backup all System Knowledge.
eight. Titanium will then undergo the method of creating your backup. This may increasingly take some time.
9. As soon as accomplished, your backup can be labeled with the date and saved. It’s also possible to create an replace.zip file to be flashed via restoration in the event you like, or you possibly can restore via Titanium itself.
10. To restore in Titanium, simply go to the Batch Actions display once more and scroll down. You will see choices underneath the Restore setting for the actions you accomplished earlier: on this case, Restore all apps with knowledge and Restore all system knowledge.
11. Faucet Run subsequent to the actions you wish to restore.
12. You will then have the choice to revive all the pieces you backed up or simply some sections of it. Make your decisions and faucet the inexperienced verify mark within the high right-hand nook.
Helium is a good software for creating a whole backup with out root entry. You put in the Helium app in your cellphone, seize the desktop model as properly and pair the 2. As soon as you have made the connection, you are able to do Titanium-like backups without having root entry.
You merely inform Helium which apps and knowledge you wish to again up and away it goes. The Professional model enables you to schedule computerized backups and retailer your backups within the cloud.
Tips on how to set up Helium on Android and PC
1. Obtain the Helium app in your Android.
2. Set up Helium in your PC.
three. Join your Android to your PC with a USB cable.
four. Allow USB Debugging in your Android.
5. You could be requested to change your USB connection kind to PTP (digital camera mode).
6. You will be prompted to settle for your laptop’s RSA key.
7. You will see a inexperienced verify mark within the Helium window in your PC, letting you recognize that the connection has been made and Helium backups at the moment are enabled.
eight. You will see the identical message in your Android. Now you can disconnect your Android out of your PC.
9. Notice that in the event you flip your Android off you will have to reestablish the connection between Helium in your cellphone and in your PC.
Tips on how to backup Android with Helium
1. In your Android you will see you’ve got two tabs in Helium: Backup and Restore & Sync. The primary tab enables you to select which apps you wish to again up by putting a verify mark subsequent to them.
2. If you wish to save all of your apps, swipe up from the underside of the display. You will notice a abstract of your backup decisions in addition to the choice to Choose All.
three. You possibly can select to backup all the pieces (apps and knowledge) or simply the information (which is quicker). Within the latter case, in the event you restore your backup at a later date you will merely must manually reinstall your apps. Notice that there are some apps Helium cannot again up. They’re listed on the backside.
four. The slide up window can be the place you hit the Backup button. While you hit Backup you can be requested the place you wish to save your backup: inner or exterior storage or a cloud service (Professional model solely).
5. Within the Restore and Sync tab you possibly can join a cloud service for storing and accessing your backups. It’s also possible to entry saved backups in your inner reminiscence or join together with your different units.
6. While you make your choice you might be prompted to make sure you don’t have any password set for full backups, or to enter your system’s PIN or password in case you are encrypted. As soon as you have executed this the backup will full.
7. When it comes time to revive your backup, merely open the Restore & Sync tab and find your backup. It’s also possible to hook up with the Helium sever for PC downloads.
If all of this sounds approach too sophisticated, merely join your Android cellphone to your PC with a USB cable, open a Home windows Explorer window and navigate to your cellphone. Right here you will notice a bunch of folders together with images, movies, music and paperwork.
Simply go into every folder and duplicate/paste the stuff you wish to save onto your laptop for safekeeping. It is a fairly helpful factor to do even you probably have different backup options at hand, as a result of there is no such factor as too many backups. However if you wish to retrieve it at a later date then you definitely’ll have to get again in your PC.
Tips on how to switch Android backups
As you possibly can see, relying on the strategies and kind of backup, transferring recordsdata to Android is finished in numerous methods. Generally, you probably have used Titanium Backup or Helium, it’s best to merely reinstall the applying and duplicate the backup folder to the smartphone whether it is not there.
Notice: At all times copy backups to your laptop or different system outdoors the smartphone. That approach you might be positive to have the ability to switch your recordsdata later, with none disagreeable surprises.
Some manufacturers supply providers to switch recordsdata in a quite simple approach. That is the case with Samsung, Motorola or Sony for instance.
The benefit is that nearly all the pieces is automated, the drawback is that the switch is barely doable to a tool of the model. Examine your smartphone mannequin to see if such an utility is on the market.
What’s your most well-liked backup technique, and why? Tell us within the feedback!