Every new Android model introduces a number of improvements, a few of that are removed from apparent. On this article we present you some methods and suggestions for individuals who personal a smartphone already up to date to Android eight.zero or eight.1 Oreo.
You might not know, however with Oreo you’ve the chance to postpone notifications. What does that imply? It means that you would be able to momentarily delete a notification that in the meanwhile annoys you after which make it reappear at a later time in order to not neglect it. A extra helpful operate than you assume!
To postpone a warning, merely swipe the notification to the facet however not fully. About half method ought to do it. A small clock will seem which, if tapped, will make you specify when to assessment the message.
Disable Notification Dots
Notification dots are a novelty of Android Oreo, however what are they? They’re nothing greater than these coloured dots that you would be able to see on the icons of your apps whenever you obtain notifications.
The dots are there to remind you that you’ve an incoming notification from that specific utility, which you’ll entry from the smartphone’s notification space or maintain down the icon.
For some customers these stickers could also be annoying, however this is disable them:
- Press and maintain a clean level in your Dwelling display.
- Click on Dwelling Settings.
- Choose the merchandise Notification indicators.
- Deactivate the swap beneath Permit notification dots.
And voilà, a easy and efficient resolution to do away with these ugly badges above the icons of your apps.
Everlasting notifications of app conduct
“App X proven above different apps” and “App Y is consuming battery within the background”
This is likely one of the most helpful however on the similar time most hated features of Android Oreo. When an utility exhibits overlay content material, we are going to discover a everlasting, non-deletable notification (e. g. Messenger displayed over different apps). And it isn’t the one annoying notification.
That can assist you preserve priceless battery energy, Google has determined to introduce a warning about functions that devour an excessive amount of energy within the background (e. g. Spotify is consuming battery within the background).
The issue is that many instances these apps are alleged to work on this method, resembling Messenger and the Chat Heads and Spotify, which permits us to take heed to music whereas we multi-task on the telephone. If you wish to do away with these notifications endlessly, the best way is as follows:
- Open the Settings.
- Choose Apps and Notifications.
- Click on on Present all apps.
- Within the menu on the high proper (the three dots) choose Present system.
- Now within the record, seek for the merchandise Android System and choose it.
- Enter the heading App notifications.
- Right here you will see quite a lot of choices that may be turned on and off however do not be scared.
- For functions resembling Fb Messenger, you will see devoted switches to cover notification for every app.
- For functions that devour battery within the background there isn’t any such distinction and we are able to solely conceal all warnings or present all of them.
To cease a battery-consuming app instantly, simply scroll via the record and discover the App merchandise that consumes the battery and disable it.
Unlock area with only a few faucets
Android Oreo has an fascinating operate that lets you release the interior reminiscence in only a few easy steps. This operate is obtainable on all smartphones with Android inventory (Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixel, Pixel XL, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Pixel C) and in addition on Sony units. On Huawei and Samsung smartphones outfitted with Oreo, producers have determined to depend on their very own reminiscence cleansing programs, so the steps might differ from these I’ve listed.
- First, the system lets you test what number of apps or contents occupy your reminiscence by classes.
- By going to Settings and deciding on Storage area, you may entry the record. By deciding on every class you’ll be introduced the functions associated to the class and the assorted recordsdata with their dimension.
- You’ll then be capable to determine whether or not it’s worthwhile to do away with some apps that you do not use quite a bit and that overwhelm the out there reminiscence.
- On the high of the record additionally, you will discover a button referred to as Free House.
- Tapping the button will present us an inventory of things we are able to delete to free area from reminiscence.
- In my instance within the record I discover some recordsdata within the Downloads folder, an inventory of much less used functions and the merchandise Backup photographs and movies.
- The latter simply controls the multimedia content material saved on Google Pictures and suggests you delete it out of your smartphone as you may entry it by opening the app and accessing the cloud.
I am nonetheless ready for my smartphone to obtain Android Android Oreo
What do you assume?
Have you learnt different any methods with Android Oreo? Be at liberty to recommend them in your feedback!